My innermost secrets - yeah right.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

2008 Highlights so far

January:
I celebrated my birthday with my good friend Linda, her husband Larry and son Kyle. We went to The Tavern and dined on Prime Rib, mashed potatoes and peas. Yummy, delicious comfort food. Linda gave me a bouquet of beautiful, fragrant lillies.
I also enrolled in a couple of classes at Quilt University Patchwork Illusions with Karen Combs and a dyeing class with Marjie McWilliams. Here are a couple of the blocks I made during Patchwork Illusions:


The dyeing wasn't as successful. I struggled getting the red dye to take to the fabric. The dye bath that I poured down the drain was beautiful, the fabric sucked big time.


February:


Dallas Area Fiber Artists hosted the Federation of Fiber Artists Conference this year. The exhibit titled Horizons in Fiber 2008 was held at the Art Center of Plano. I enrolled in 2 workshops, one covering screen printing with Dawn Zero Erickson and one teaching 3D Shibori with Carol Lane Saber.




Dawn Zero Erickson



our supplies


Carol Lane Saber



our supplies


At the end of the month, I went on an ACTS Retreat with my church. ACTS stands for Adoration Community Theology and Service. I had a wonderful time and made several new friends. I found it interesting that you are identified by the church service you attend. To save you from asking, I attend the 7:30 am service.








No comments:

Post a Comment