My innermost secrets - yeah right.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Water Heater Woes

Lynn and Susan received their collages and were very happy with them. I finished (or mostly finished) the impromptu baby quilt and gave it to Alison for the baby shower. When she brings it back, I will add a label, some yo-yos and a pom pom or two and I am done. Everyone seems to like it but as usual I see all of the flaws and I am not too sure I like my method of quilt-as-you-go.
Now my woes - I looked out onto the patio and saw water or rather dampness. I go out to look a little closer and it seems that the pipe from the hot water heater has emptied water onto the patio as it is supposed to do in the event of an emergency (or something like that). Now the question becomes - what emergency? I try the hot water in the bathroom and it is not even lukewarm but I am in denial and plan to go about my business...until I go into the garage to make my escape from what I sense is impending doom. There is a nice stream of water running down one side of the garage. Yes, the water heater did something and the entire side of the garage is wet and I can still hear the water trickling. Christmas tree box - soaking wet, everything, everything, everything - wet. Now starts the process of cleaning up the water - ugh!!! Looks like the field mice that live across the alley moved in and left their little mice turds everywhere - what a pain.
Here comes next door neighbor, smiling cause he is getting a sprinkler system installed today. I was smiling like him when I got mine installed too. He wants to talk and the only thing in my head is cleaning this shit up and what the hell is wrong with this heater. I guess he doesn't notice the broom in my hand and the stream of water exiting the garage. I smile, share his joy and bring him to my page. He looks at the heater and tells me the water is running out - lightbulb moment! Anyway, he works maintenance for a management company and he calls his friend who specializes in hot water heaters...maybe his friend will call back. His daughter is off to her middle school dance and she stops by to show us how great she looks - she is beautiful and looks like a girl in middle school - yeah for her! I cleaned up half of the side with water because that's all I thought was there - that is until I looked around outside and saw other trickles around the slab- shit! I am going to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment