My innermost secrets - yeah right.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DAFA Annual Show

The 2012 DAFA Annual Show -Legacy in Fiber- is up and open to the public!
Jules and Lisa planning the layout of the Alzheimer's
exhibit

Lu hanging the Alzheimer's quilts

The show will run through April 23 when we will have our closing reception.
In addition to the Annual Show, there are two special exhibits - Legends in Fiber Art, and, Pathways: DAFA's Alzheimer Quilt Project. The show is at the The Point, Center for Arts and Education, 4847 West Lawther Drive, Dallas. The Point is less than three minutes from White Rock Lake so you can see the show and then take a walk around the lake. This will be a great afternoon. The Point is open 7 days a week.
While we were diligently laying out the show, storms were brewing in North Texas. The warning sirens sounded while we were working and we ended up spending time in the garage of the building next door. We were very lucky the tornadoes did not come our way however there was terrible devastation in surrounding areas.

Wednesday, I had my second opportunity to quilt some projects using a longarm machine. I am still intimidated by the machine but at the same time I am getting more comfortable with it. I love that you can get so much done so quickly. I am not trying to quilt award winning patterns; I just want to finish some of the quilts I started years ago. I completed two large baby sized quilts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment