My innermost secrets - yeah right.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Okay, it has been a while since my last post. A lot has happened some good, some not so good. One happy event is the upcoming Dallas Area Fiber Artists Annual Show 'Legacy in Fiber' at The Point, Center for Arts and Education in Dallas. I have 2 pieces that made the cut, Lenten Peacock and an untitled mixed media piece Lenten Peacock was a challenge I setup for myself a couple of years ago, to create or finish a piece of art each day during Lent. I got this idea from my friend Deborah Boschert. It was a real challenge and I was happy to complete several pieces that were just laying around. The peacock feather piece was one of my favorites and I am very happy to share it during the show.

I used a stencil, copper metallic paint and added stitching with lime green thread. I love the way the stitching makes the feathers glow.


The second piece is a combination of rusted fabric, matte medium, acrylic paint, book and scrapbook paper, thread and stone beads.

We will hang the show tomorrow and it will run through April 23
.
Along with the juried DAFA show, we have a special display Pathways: DAFA's Alzheimer Quilt Project. These 9 X 12 in quilts were a special exhibit at the Dallas Quilt Celebration. The quilts will be donated to the Alzheimer Quilt Initiative for sale.

Pieces of a Life

Full Circle




No comments:

Post a Comment